Zydeco Chop Chop Crab Cakes
As any crab cake connoisseur will tell you the gold standard in crab cakes is "no filler and all the flavor". No filler and all the flavor is a job tailor-made for Zydeco Chop Chop! Zydeco Chop Chop brings the flavor of vegetables without the bulk of fresh produce. Chef Carolyn Shelton shows us the magic of adding ZCC to create the perfect crabcake!
Zydeco Chop Chop Crabcakes
1 pound jumbo lump crab meat
1/2 a red bell pepper, chopped
1 tablespoon dijon mustard
1 tablespoon Cajun seasoning
1/4 c Zydeco Chop Chop
salt and pepper to taste
1. Add crab meat, egg, dijon mustard, bell pepper, Cajun seasoning and Zydeco Chop Chop into a large mixing bowl. Mix with your hands lightly until all ingredients are combined evenly.
2. Form the mixture into loose patties and set on a sheet of wax paper.
3. Allow patties to chill in the refrigerator at least 3 hours, but overnight is preferable.
4. Heat butter in a large skillet over medium high-heat
5. Place chilled patties and allow to cook for 3-4 minutes each side.