Cajun Stuffed Shells
There is nothing worse than the dreaded "what are we having for dinner?" question. Don't panic! On top of Zydeco Chop Chop being perfect for Cajun cookouts and tailgates, it is also perfect for east weeknight meals! These stuffed shells will keep all members of your family happy and more importantly FULL!
12-16 jumbo pasta shells
1 lb Cajun spiced sausage
12 oz kim-milk ricotta cheese
1 package frozen spinach, defrosted and drained
1/3 cup Zydeco Chop Chop
1/2 Tbsp Cajun Seasoning
1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
3/4 cup marinara Sauce (get the recipe for ZCC marinara here!)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Cook the pasta to al dente, according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
- While shells are cooking, brown sausage, allow to cool.
- Mix sausage, ricotta, spinach, Zydeco Chop Chop and Cajun seasoning in a bowl.
- Pour the marinara sauce on the bottom of a shallow baking dish baking dish.
- Stuff each shell with a generous amount of filling, arrange shells in a baking dish, and sprinkle with shredded cheese.
- Bake for 25 minutes, serve with more marinara sauce over top of shells.