Zydeco Chop Chop Smothered Pork Chops
"Smothered" is one of those Southern terms that sounds much harder than it actually is! These Zydeco Chop Chop Smothered Pork Chops are no exception. Using fresh vegetables along with ZCC adds texture while the Zydeco Chop Chop amps up the flavor! Add these delicious and easy smothered pork chops to your meal rotation!
4 Bone-in Pork Chops
2 Tablespoons Butter
Cajun Seasoning, to taste
Salt & Pepper
1/2 a medium onion chopped
1/2 a red and 1/2 green bell pepper, chopped
2 Stalks of celery, chopped
1/3 cup of dry Zydeco Chop Chop
Instant Brown Gravy, prepared as instructed on package
1. Season Pork Chops with cajun seasoning, salt, and pepper.
2. Heat butter on medium-high heat in cast iron skillet.
3. Brown Pork Chops, 2-3 minutes on each side.
5. Turn heat down to medium-low heat
4. Add chopped vegetables and let sauteeè for 5-8 minutes or until softened.
5. Add Zydeco Chop Chop and instant brown gravy. Allow to simmer until gravy has thickened.
6. Serve over rice