Crawfish Mac & Cheese
16 oz. elbow macaroni
2 tablespoons cup butter
3/4 cup flour
2 cups milk
1/3 cup Zydeco Chop Chop
1/2-1 lbs Crawfish and leftover mushrooms/corn or any other fixins you boiled
1 tablespoons of Cajun seasoning
2 teaspoons mustard powder
3 cups freshly shredded cheese mix (1 c cheddar, 1 cup mozzarella, 1 cup colby jack)
1 1/2 cups parmesan cheese
• Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add elbow macaroni and cook per package directions.
• Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Drain the water and add the 1 tbsp of butter, toss until melted. Set aside to cool
• Melt butter over low heat in a large saucepan. Add the flour and whisk constantly until smooth for about a minute. Gradually pour 1 cup of milk, keep whisking to mix and dissolve the flour, then add the Zydeco Chop Chop and remaining milk and whisk until lump free.
• Season with Cajun seasoning and mustard powder --adjust according to taste.
• Keep stirring constantly until the mixture thickens to a creamy consistency. Turn off the heat.
• In a large bowl, add the pasta, 6 cups of freshly shredded cheeses, and sauce, stir to combine.
• Transfer combined pasta, cheese, and sauce into a greased bowl, add crawfish & fixins. Mix to combine.
• Grease 1 large baking dish or 4 small baking dishes and transfer mac & cheese mixture into the dish(es)
• Bake for 12 -15 minutes or until the top is golden brown.