Zydeco Chop Chop Crawfish Enchiladas
2 tablespoons butter
1/3 c rehydrated Zydeco Chop Chop
2 tablespoons flour
1 cup milk
1/2 teaspoon oregano
1/2 teaspoon chili powder
1/2 teaspoon Cajun Seasoning
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/4 cup Monterey jack cheese (divided 1c and 1/4 c)
1/2 cup sour cream or greek yogurt
1 can chopped green chilies
2 cups crawfish tail meat
6-8 flour tortillas (we recommend Hola Nola!)
- Melt butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Preheat oven fo 325°
- Add rehydrated Zydeco Chop Chop and allow to sauté with the butter for about 1 minute.
- Sprinkle flour over ZCC & butter; cook 1 minute, stirring constantly. Gradually add milk, stirring with a whisk.
- Cook over medium heat until thickened (around 5 minutes)
- Stir in spices until incorporated. Remove from heat.
- Add cheese and mix until combined.
- Add sour cream/greek yogurt and mix until combined.
- Mix in 1 can chopped green chilies.
- Add crawfish tails.
- Spread 1/4 c of the mixture to the bottom of a 9x13 pan to prevent sticking
- Fill each tortilla with 3-4 tablespoons of filling
- Place seam side down in the pan until pan is full.
- Spread remaining filling on top of rolled tortillas.
- Sprinkle remaining cheese on top.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes or until heated through.
- Top with cilantro and a squeeze of lime!